An official website of the United States government

Passport Applicants (age 16 and over) Who Must Apply in Person

You must apply in person using Form DS-11 if at least one of the following is true:

  • You are applying for your first U.S.  passport
  • You are under age 16
  • Your previous U.S.  passport was issued when you were under age 16
  • Your previous U.S.  passport was lost, stolen, or damaged
  • Your previous U.S.  passport was issued more than 15 years ago

Please submit the following documents:

  1. Fill out the online Form DS-11 and print the typed form.  Please do not fill out the form by hand.  Please do not sign the application until you are directed to do so at the consular section.
  2. Provide evidence of U.S.  Citizenship (e.g., fully valid, undamaged U.S.  passport, U.S.  birth certificate, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, Certificate of Naturalization, or Certificate of Citizenship).
  3. Present a qualifying identification document (e.g., valid or expired, undamaged U.S.  passport book or passport card; in-state, fully valid driver’s license with photo; Certificate of Naturalization; Certificate of Citizenship; government employee ID; U.S.  military or military dependent ID; current valid foreign passport; U.S.  permanent resident card; etc.).
  4. Provide one 2” x 2” photo taken within the last 6 months.  Please remove your eyeglasses.
  5. Pay the $165 fee.  You may pay in person at the consular section.  We accept cash (USD or GTQ), debit cards, or credit cards.

Original documents (or certified copies) are required unless otherwise specified.  For more detailed instructions, please go here.