March 29, 2020
- Guatemala has thirty-four confirmed cases of COVID-19 within its borders.
- Please see all COVID-19 Guatemala Alerts and Messages here.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- The Guatemalan government is currently barring entry to most non-Guatemalans (with certain specific exceptions for health and security) — by its land, sea, and air borders. The Guatemalan government can adjust its policy on national border closings at any time. We refer you to the Guatemalan Migration Authority for updated information on its national borders.
- Guatemalan citizens and legal permanent residents will be allowed to enter, however, they must comply with the established health protocol, which includes: interview, clinical evaluation, and if necessary, transfer to a Guatemala Ministry of Health – Ministerio de Salud Pública y Asistencia Social, (MSPAS), health service, for proper isolation and treatment.
- American citizens should refer to Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations to avoid all nonessential international travel.
- More information about health alerts in Guatemala can is available from the Ministry of Health (MSPAS)
- Guatemala’s Ministry of Health – MSPAS (Ministerio de Salud Pública y Asistencia Social) is overseeing preparation for COVID-19 and posting extensive information online: https://www.mspas.gob.gt/index.php/noticias/coronavirus-2019-ncov