REF# 2021 - 25
The Immigration Act of 1990 established the Diversity Visa (DV) program, where 55,000 immigrant visas would be available in an annual lottery, starting in fiscal year 1995. The lottery aims to diversify the immigrant population in the United States, by selecting applicants mostly from countries with low rates of immigration to the United States in the previous five years. Applicants born in Guatemala qualify for the 2023 DV program. The program registration period for the 2023 Diversity Visa (DV) program opens at noon Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), Wednesday, October 6, 2021 and closes at noon Eastern Standard Time (EST) on Tuesday, November 9, 2021. We strongly encourage DV program entrants to apply early.
Important information for intending applicants:
- Applying is FREE: There is NO FEE to enter the DV Program. For encounters with fraud, please contact the U.S. Embassy Guatemala by WhatsApp +502-3018-3710, phone at +502-2326-4600, or email at email@example.com.
- Consultants Not Necessary: The U.S. Embassy recommends against using a consultant to assist you with your application. Please consider using a family member, friend or other trusted person if you need assistance. No matter who provides assistance, you are solely responsible for your own application.
- Apply online: Entries for the 2023 Diversity Visa Program must use the electronic Diversity Visa entry form (E-DV) at https://dvprogram.state.gov/ during the registration period.
- Entire family on application: When registering, you must list your spouse and all of your unmarried children under the age of 21 at the time of application, even if they have no intention of moving with you to the United States. Submissions without the inclusion of family members will make your entry invalid.
- One application per person: You may submit only ONE application. Applicants who submit more than one application will be disqualified from consideration.
- Submit a recent photo: Entries submitted with the same photo from previous DV years will be disqualified. The photo must have been taken within the last 6 months. Be sure to precisely follow the photo rules and associate each photo with the correct person on your application. Please note that applicants may not wear glasses in their photos.
- Valid, unexpired passport information required: This year’s entries must include the primary applicant’s passport number, country of issuance, and the passport expiration date.
- Be sure to print and save your confirmation number: This number is the only way to check your status. If another individual helps you complete your application, please ensure that you obtain your confirmation number.
- Never give your confirmation number to anyone.
- The only method of determining whether you were selected for the DV is by entering your confirmation number at https://dvprogram.state.gov/ on or after May 8, 2022.
Entrants must provide an e-mail address as part of their entry; however, there is NO email notification sent to selectees informing them they were selected.
Even if you are selected, this does not guarantee that you will receive a visa. During your visa interview, a Consular Officer will determine whether you meet the qualifications and are eligible for the DV under U.S. immigration law. For a checklist of what to bring to the interview, please visit https://go.usa.gov/xRuzM.
For further information on the DV program, please visit https://dvprogram.state.gov/.