You no longer have to come back to the U.S. Embassy to pick up your new passport or Consular Report of Birth Abroad! In order to serve you better, the American Citizens Services Unit has introduced a delivery service for receiving your new documents (Passports, CRBAs, Social Security Cards, Passport Cards) after you complete your interview at the Embassy.
As of April 4th, the U.S. Embassy in Guatemala City will be able to mail your completed documents through either GuatEx or Cargo Expreso for your convenience.
You can still pick up your documents at the embassy, but if it is more convenient for you to pick it up at a courier agency, these are the steps you will need to follow:
- When submitting your documents for any of the services mentioned above, you will need to inform our ACS staff that you want to use the courier service.
- The ACS representative will provide you a label (guía) that you will need to fill out with this information:
- Your name (applicant’s name)
- Name of two persons authorized to pick up your document
- Telephone number
- Name of the agency where you will pick up your document (in our waiting room we will have a sign with all the agencies)
- You will be provided a copy of this label with a tracking number.
- Once we receive your document, at the embassy, you will receive an e-mail to let you know. You can track your documents through the label # that you were provided with.
- Within 24-48 hours you can pick up your documents at the agency you chose.
- The authorized person(s) to pick up your document will need to visit the chosen agency, show an official ID with a picture, and pay for the service in order to obtain your document. (Prices vary depending on the company you chose and area where you are located).
The list of prices will also be displayed in our waiting room for your convenience. If you have any further inquiries, please don’t hesitate to contact us through our e-mail email@example.com or telephone number 2326-4942.