The Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (TEA) is a six-week exchange program at a U.S. university for secondary school teachers at public schools who teach English, English as a Foreign Language, math, science, and social studies, including special education teachers in those subjects.
Who can apply?
- Guatemalan citizens who currently live and work in one of the following departments: Huehuetenango, Quiché, San Marcos, Quetzaltenango, Sololá or Totonicapán.
- Current secondary-level, full-time teachers of English, English as a Foreign Language (EFL), math, science, or social studies, including special education teachers in those subjects working at public institutions. Applicants do not need to teach the subjects in English, but must be fluent in English.
- Applicants must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent.
- Applicants must have completed at least five years of full-time teaching by the start of the program.
- Teachers that show evidence of leadership in their schools or districts.
- All candidates must have sufficient oral and written English language skills to take part in specialized seminars and give presentations in U.S. schools.
Note: Secondary-level teachers include both middle and high school teachers serving students between approximately 12 and 18 years of age. Teachers responsible for teaching additional grade levels must teach middle or high school students more than 50% of their work time in order to be eligible.
Candidates who do not fulfill these requirements will not be taken under consideration.
How to apply?
Go to this link https://oas.irex.org/fulbrighttea/Logon?ReturnUrl=%2ffulbrighttea and register. Make sure to Save & Return to the main application page when you are finished with each section. When you have completed all sections, click “Download Application PDF” to save a copy of your application for your records. Finally click “Submit Application.” The screen will show a preview of your application. Review the information. If you have no further changes, click “Submit Application” a second time and your application will be submitted.
Applications close on April 7, 2019 at midnight.
A shortlist of candidates will interviewed on May 16, 2019 as part of the pre-nomination screening process.
If you are not contacted to schedule an interview you are were not selected to continue to the next stage of the application.
Selected participants for the next cohort will travel in January or September 2020