This program gives participants an introduction to the US federal system. as well as knowledge about the role of non-governmental institutions.
Who can apply?
Only people who meet all these requirements may apply:
- Guatemalan citizens, without double US citizenship
- Guatemalans who were born and currently live in one of these departments: Totonicapán, Huehuetenango, Quetzaltenango, Quiché, San Marcos or Sololá.
- They are between 18 and 25 years old.
- They have completed at least one (1) semester of their university studies or are missing more than one (1) semester to graduate. They are full-time university students.
- They have an academic average of 85 points or higher. They must send a certificate from their university that declares the average or a certificate of the position in their class in which they are among the top 15%.
How and when to apply?
The application for the 2018 cycle has closed and will reopen in December 2019.
Those interested should follow the following steps:
- If you meet the eligibility criteria complete the SUSI Public Policy fillable form (PDF – 511KB)
- Attach a copy of your IPR to the form, a certificate from your university stating your academic average.
- Send the application by email to the address Guatemala.BecasEEUU@state.gov with the reference: SUSI – Public policies – SURNAME, NAME
What expenses do scholarships cover?
The scholarship covers the costs of visa, travel, accommodation, tuition fees and medical insurance.