The Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative (YLAI) builds linkages between young leaders across the hemisphere. YLAI addresses the opportunity gap for youth, especially women, by empowering business and social entrepreneurs with the training, tools, networks and resources they need to transform their societies and contribute more fully to economic development and prosperity, security, human rights and good governance in the hemisphere.
YLAI Program Timeline for the 2019 Cohort
· Spring 2019: Application period for YLAI Professional Fellows
· June – July 2019: Initial review of applications
· September 2019: Interviews will be held
· October 2019: Announcement of selected participants and alternates
· Spring 2020: YLAI Professional Fellows travel to the U.S.
More information available here: https://ylai.state.gov/about-ylai/