The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Embassy in Guatemala will consider requests from individuals for funding to cover expenses for travel for programs that advance the following Mission Goals:
- Reduce illegal migration to the United States.
- Expand good governance.
- Improve citizen prosperity.
- Increase citizen security.
- Improve export and investment opportunities for US companies.
Travel purposes eligible for funding include, but are not limited to:
- Academic and professional lectures, seminars, workshops and speaker programs;
- Artistic and cultural workshops, joint performances and exhibitions;
- Cultural heritage conservation and preservation programs;
- Professional and academic exchanges and programs;
Travel purposes not eligible for funding include, but are not limited to:
- Programs relating to partisan political activity
- Charitable or development activities
- For-profit endeavors
- Construction programs
- Programs that support specific religious activities
- Fund-raising campaigns
- Lobbying for specific legislation or programs
- Scientific research
- Programs intended primarily for the growth or institutional development of the organization
- Individual scholarships
- Personal development
- Social travel/visits
- Gifts or prizes
Applicant eligibility criteria:
- U.S. citizens who will travel to Guatemala to engage in programs that advance Mission Goals
- Guatemalan citizens who will travel to the United States to engage in programs that advance Mission Goals
- Age 18 or older
- Eligible to receive a Federal Award (no history of negative prior performance or debts to the U.S. government)
Application for Funding for Travel
Budget for Funding for Travel
At least three to four months before intended travel date, submit the following documents by email to GTM-PASGrants@state.gov
- The above two completed forms
- Copy of DPI or Passport
This invitation to apply for travel funding does not constitute an award commitment on the part of the U.S. government, nor does it commit the U.S. government to pay for costs incurred in the preparation and submission of proposals. Further, the U.S. government reserves the right to reject any or all proposals received.
Review and Selection Process
PAS will accept requests for travel funding on a rolling basis throughout the year. Applicants that are selected for funding will be contacted by email. Applicants that are not selected for funding will not receive a response.