Subject: Health Alert – Updated COVID-19 Entry Requirements for Guatemala
The Government of Guatemala has revised the requirements for passengers arriving by air or land. As of February 24, all passengers arriving in Guatemala must present evidence of either a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of arrival, a COVID-19 vaccine completed at least two weeks before arrival, or recovery from COVID-19 within three months of arrival.
All passengers age 10 and over arriving in Guatemala by air and land are required to obtain one of the following:
- A negative COVID-19 PCR or an Antigen test within 72 hours prior to check in at the airport, or arrival at the land border.
- If you have recovered from COVID-19 in the past three months, a medical certificate from the healthcare facility where you received treatment showing evidence of the date of your diagnosis, and confirmation of your recovery.
- Evidence that you have received a complete COVID-19 vaccination course, with the second dose being administered at least two weeks before arrival in Guatemala.
Passengers must also complete, in advance of arrival, a Heath Pass, available at https://sre.gt. Passengers should note that the Health Pass does not currently provide an option for listing a course of COVID-19 vaccine in lieu of a test.
Actions to Take:
- Check the Embassy’s COVID-19 Information Page for updated COVID-19 related information.
- Click here for the Department of State’s COVID FAQs Search Tool.
U.S. Embassy Guatemala City https://gt.usembassy.gov/
Tel. (502) 2326-4000
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates