Health Alert – Updated Requirements for Air Travel to the United States
Updated: June 10, 2022
Location: Guatemala, countrywide
Event: Effective June 12, 2022, at 12:01 a.m., a negative COVID-19 test will no longer be required for any travelers to the United States. Vaccine requirements for non-U.S. citizen, nonimmigrant travelers remain in effect.
Actions to Take:
· Travelers who test positive for or have symptoms of COVID-19 should delay their travel and should consider getting tested for current infection with a viral test as close to the time of departure as possible (no more than 3 days) to reduce likelihood of transmission.
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· For information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for country-specific information related to COVID-19.
· Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions, including potential COVID vaccine or testing requirements for countries you are transiting through.
· Visit the U.S. Embassy Guatemala webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Guatemala.
U.S. Embassy Guatemala City, Guatemala
Phone: (502) 2326-4000
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Guatemala Country Information and Travel Advisory Page
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates