Location: Guatemala, countrywide
Event: All passengers arriving in Guatemala by air, land, and sea are required to obtain both of the following:
- For all travelers regardless of age: Evidence that you have received a complete COVID-19 vaccination course, with the final dose being administered at least two weeks before beginning your trip to Guatemala; and
- For all travelers aged 10 and over: A negative COVID-19 PCR or Antigen test conducted no more than three (3) days prior to check in at the airport, or arrival at the land border.
Updates to clarify vaccination requirements for children under 12 are possible, but this notice reflects current Government of Guatemala directives. We will send revised guidance as it becomes available.
There are limited exceptions for some passengers who do not have a negative PCR or Antigen test. They may be able to continue to travel to Guatemala, but they must be free of COVID-19 symptoms and will be required to take a COVID-19 test upon arrival in Guatemala. Foreigners who test positive for COVID-19 will not be permitted to enter Guatemala (accredited diplomats are excepted).
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for country-specific information related to COVID-19.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions, including
- potential COVID-19 vaccine or testing requirements for countries you are transiting through.
- Visit the U.S. Embassy Guatemala webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Guatemala.
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates