March 18, 2020
Information for U.S. Citizens in Guatemala
- The Department of State has no higher priority than the safety and security of U.S. citizens overseas.
- We are aware the governments of several countries have announced suspension of air travel, including Guatemala. We are considering all options to assist U.S. citizens in these countries.
- We are continuously assessing travel conditions in all areas affected by COVID-19, and will continue to update our travel advisories and safety information for U.S. travelers as situations evolve.
- U.S. citizens in these countries should:
- Monitor the relevant Embassy’s website for the most up-to-date information
- Enroll at STEP.state.gov to receive the latest updates from the Embassy
- Follow the advice of the CDC and local health authorities that you can find at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Monitor the Department of State’s COVID-19 website at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/covid-19-information.html