An official website of the United States government

Lost and stolen passports
August 12, 2022

To report your passport lost or stolen online, please go here

Once your passport has been reported lost or stolen online, you may no longer use that passport if you recover it.  If you are traveling within the next week and need to request an emergency appointment or emergency passport, please email AmCitsGuatemala@state.gov with your name, date of birth, and contact information (e.g., telephone, email, etc.).  Please indicate your date of travel and include a copy of your travel itinerary.  If you are not traveling in the next week, please schedule an appointment here.

When applying for a replacement passport, please fill out the Form DS-11 online and print the completed formYou will also need a Form DS-64 to report your passport lost/stolenIf you are in possession of any other identity document (e.g., driver’s license, Guatemalan DPI, etc.), please bring it with you to the Embassy. You will also need a 2×2 photo and funds to pay the $165 fee (for applicants age 16 and over).  If the applicant is a minor age 15 and under, the fee is $135. Please note that fees may be paid in cash or by credit card in U.S. dollars or the cash equivalent of Guatemala quetzals.