Natural Disaster Alert – U. S. Embassy Guatemala City, Guatemala – (November 11, 2019)
Event: Tsunami Warnings
CONRED (Coordinadora Nacional Para la Reducción de Desastres) the National Coordinator for Disaster Preparedness issued the following information, via social media:
In reference to the tsunami warnings that have been shared through social media, INSIVUMEH and The Pacific Tsunami Warnings Center, CONRED informs that there is no tsunami alert issued. You may access CONRED’s full report here.
INSIVUMEH (The National Institute of Seismology, vulcanology, meterology and hydrology) also issued an official notice recommending the public to check official reports only. You may review the official notice here.
Embassy operations are normal.
Actions to Take:
- Review your personal security plans
- For specific details on weather alerts refer to http://insivumeh.gob.gt/ and https://conred.gob.gt/site/index.php
- Monitor local news for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Guatemala City
Tel. (502) 2326-4000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Guatemala Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter