Location: Sacatepéquez, Escuintla, Huehuetenango
Event: CA-2 between the city of Escuintla and Cocales (Km.113) is now open for travel for Embassy personnel. The road had been off limits due to concerns about rivers and bridges along the route.
The following routes remain closed:
RN – 14 (Between Escuintla and Antigua Guatemala) is permanently closed by Guatemalan Government.
CA-1 is closed at Km 240 between Cuatro Caminos and Huehuetenango due to a collapsed bridge.
Guatemala’s seismic agency INSIVUMEH has reopened Pacaya Volcano for tourists.
Embassy Operations: Embassy operations are normal.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid traveling at night as road conditions are especially hazardous in the dark and roads may end without warning
- Avoid secondary roads
- Obey all traffic laws
- S. Embassy Guatemala City https://gt.usembassy.gov/
- Tel. (502) 2326-4000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Guatemala Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter