Replacement entry Stamps/Extension of Visa

Please note: The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the entities or individuals whose names appear on the following lists. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department or the U.S. government. Names are listed alphabetically, and the order in which they appear has no other significance. The information on the list is provided directly by the local service providers; the Department is not in a position to vouch for such information.

American citizens who are issued a replacement passport in Guatemala for a lost or stolen passport need to bring their replacement passport to the following address in order to have a replacement entry stamp placed in their passport.

Guatemalan Immigration
Sub-Dirección de Control Migratorio
6a. Avenida 3-11, Zona 4, 4o Nivel
Tel 2411-2411 (for English press 2)
Hours: 08:00-16:30 Monday-Friday

This stamp grants the traveler a specified period of time (usually a few days, although more may be possible) in which to leave the country legally. Without such a stamp, Guatemalan border authorities may not allow travelers to leave Guatemala.
Requirements: Bring your replacement U.S. Passport, and for stolen passports, a copy of the police report of the theft.
Visa extensions can also be applied for at the same office, although they may take significantly longer to receive.