To make an appointment go to
Make sure that you meet the requirements and have all the documentation ready the day of the appointment.
Please be informed that a SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER IS REQUIRED in order to process the passport. If you have never had or applied for a social security number, you may either apply for a social security number at the same time as you apply for your passport or Consular Report of Birth Abroad or you will be required to submit a declaration under penalty of perjury that you were never issued a social security number.
Adult Applicants (16 years and older)
The day of the appointment applicants should bring:
Passport application form DS-11 filled out online and printed. Go to: https://pptform.state.gov
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship: The most common evidence of citizenship is one of the following:
- U.S. birth certificate (original or certified copy).
- Certificate of Naturalization from DHS.
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240).
- Certification of Birth Abroad (Form DS-1350).
- Certificate of Citizenship from DHS.
NOTE: Social security cards, driver’s licenses, and voter registration cards are NOT proof of citizenship.
- Proof of identity: Common proofs of identity include one of the following:
- Driver’s license.
- School identification card.
- School diploma.
- Residency card.
- Acceptable proof is any government/official document with both name and picture.
NOTE: A birth certificate is NOT proof of identity
- One color passport photo, 2” X 2” on a white background. Check photo requirements.
- Fee payment (to pay at U.S. Embassy):
- First time applicant fee is U$135 for adults.
- It can be paid in cash (in Quetzales or US dollars) or with a credit card.
- We do not accept checks or torn, marked or stained currency.
- If you are paying with cash, please bring exact change.
Passport applications are sent to the United States for printing, and take approximately ten calendar days to process. Your process will be delayed significantly if you are missing any of the requested documents.
You will receive a pick up note indicating when your passport is ready to be picked up at the American Citizen Services Unit.