Replacement of and Passport for Adults

Replacement of and Passport for Adults

 To make and appointment

Appointment System

Make sure that you meet the requirements and have all the documentation ready the day of the appointment.

Please be informed that a SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER IS REQUIRED in order to process the passport. If you have never had or applied for a social security number, you may either apply for a social security number at the same time as you apply for your passport or Consular Report of Birth Abroad or you will be required to submit a declaration under penalty of perjury that you were never issued a social security number.

If you have an emergency passport and you have already paid a fee for it and this passport was issued within one year, you can replace your passport with the same fee without extra cost.

If your emergency passport expired and was issued more than one year ago, or you did not pay the fee of an emergency passport you need to pay a fee and proceed as if it was a Passport Renewal for Adults.

Replacement of an Emergency Passport issued within a year:

The day of the appointment you need to bring:

  • Passport application form DS-5504 filled online and printed. To complete online go to:
  • Proof of U.S. Citizenship: submit your emergency passport.
  • Proof of identity: submit your emergency passport.
  • One color passport photo, 2” X 2” on a white background. Check photo requirements.

Passport applications are sent to the United States for printing, and take approximately ten calendar days to process. Your process will be delayed significantly if you are missing any of the requested documents.

You will receive a pick up note indicating when your passport is ready to be picked up at the American Citizen Services Unit.