Updated Guatemala Travel Advisory (July 5, 2022)
Location: Guatemala, countrywide
The Department of State updated the Travel Advisory for Guatemala on July 5, 2022. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) increased Guatemala’s health indicator rating from moderate (Level 2) to high (Level 3) due to increased COVID-19 infections in Guatemala. The overall Travel Advisory for Guatemala remains unchanged at Level 3.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 travel information page on travel.state.gov.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions, including potential COVID-19 vaccine or testing requirements for countries you are transiting through.
- Visit the U.S. Embassy Guatemala webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Guatemala.
U.S. Embassy Guatemala City, Guatemala
Phone: (502) 2326-4000
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates