To apply for a fiancée visa, follow the steps on the Fiancé(e) Visa Process on usvisas.state.gov.
- File I-129F petition with USCIS and wait for official notification of USCIS’ decision.
- Once USCIS has approved the petition, they will forward it to the U.S. Embassy in Guatemala through the National Visa Center. This process typically takes 6-8 weeks. The embassy is generally unable to provide any assistance until the case file arrives in Guatemala.
- Upon receipt of the case file, the embassy will send an instruction packet to the beneficiary via email.
- The beneficiary will follow these instructions to pay the application fee and schedule online their appointment for an interview at the embassy in Guatemala.
- Schedule and complete the medical examination process with an Embassy-approved physician (only in Guatemala). As these examinations have limited validity, all beneficiaries should wait to schedule these appointments until specifically instructed to do so by the embassy.
- Attend the required appointments.