The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Guatemala City is responsible for providing visa services to those seeking to enter the United States for a temporary period and for those wishing to take up indefinite or permanent residence in the United States.
To contact a customer service representative, please visit the GSS Contact Us page for full information or use contact information below:
Email: To reach a customer service representative via email, please write to
Telephone: Please contact a customer service representative using one of these telephone numbers:
- Callers in Guatemala: Call 2376 1978.
- Callers in the United States 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Central Time Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Central Time Saturdays: Call (703) 745-5477.
Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays, please click on the Skype icon below, or add a new contact on your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs-guatemala.
Visiting the Embassy
Please Note: The following items are not permitted within the Embassy:
- Battery-operated or electronic devices such as mobile phones, digital diaries, pagers, cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3s, floppy disks, laptops, or portable music players
- Oversized bags
- Food items
- Cigarettes, cigars, match boxes, lighters
- Sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kind