The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Guatemala City is responsible for providing visa services to those seeking to enter the United States for a temporary period and for those wishing to take up indefinite or permanent residence in the United States.
If you were already interviewed and have a specific question about your case, please send an e-mail to: GuatemalaNIV@state.gov
For general questions regarding the visa process, please send an email to customer support at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact customer support at the following telephone numbers and via Skype:
Mondays through Fridays from 08:00 a.m. to 07:00 p.m. (CST) and Saturdays from 09:00 a.m. to 03:00 p.m. (CST).
For calls from Guatemala: 2376-1978
For calls from the United States: (703) 745-5477
User Name: ultraveldocs-guatemala
Monday through Friday from 08:00 a.m. to 07:00 p.m. (CST) and Saturdays from 09:00 a.m. to 03:00 p.m. (CST).
Visiting the Embassy
For security purposes and due to capacity limitations, consular sections at U.S. Embassies do not allow third parties (such as friends, family, attorneys, or business contacts) to attend the visa interview, with the exception of parents or legal guardians accompanying minors, elderly applicants, or applicants with special needs or disabilities. Escort animals trained to assist applicants with disabilities will be admitted.
All visitors and their belongings will need to pass through security screening before entering the Embassy.
Prior to entering security, please remove any belts, coats, sweaters, and any objects inside your pockets. Please place these items in the tray provided by security on the conveyor belt for x-ray screening.
The following items are prohibited inside the building:
- Electrical devices such as cell phones, tablets, smart watches, cameras or any recording devices.
- CDs or USB drives
- Any device that requires batteries with the exception of hearing aids
- Cell phone chargers
- Large purses, handbags or backpacks
- Electronic car keys
- Food, excluding breast milk and prepared formula. Powdered formula will not be allowed in.
- Any type of liquids including lotion and lipsticks
- Cigarettes, cigars, matches, or lighters
- Sharp objects such as scissors, pens, nail files, or razor blades
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kinds
There is no facility at the Embassy to store prohibited items. You must make arrangements to store these items before entering. Due to security considerations, there is no information window for walk-in visitors at the Embassy.
The Visa Process
The visa process consists of five steps and applicants should expect to spend up to two hours at the Embassy:
- Once you arrive at the outdoor waiting area, you will be directed towards a specific line.
- You will pass through a security checkpoint (please see Visiting the Embassy), and given a number.
- After passing through the security checkpoint, you will be asked for your passport.
- You will be called by your number and be fingerprinted. At that time, you will receive your passport and be directed to the interview line.
- You will speak with a consular officer who will conduct a visa interview and adjudicate your visa application.
Please do not make travel arrangements such as purchasing airline tickets until you have received your visa.